ABOUT DR SOPHIA
My passion and purpose is helping people to develop the skills and qualities they need to cultivate happiness.
And not just any kind of happiness...
That genuine, juicy, authentic kind of happiness that doesn't depend on external circumstances but rather comes from within.
ABOUT ME (FORMAL BIO)
Sophia Godkin, PhD is a Health Psychologist, Happiness & Relationship Coach, and best-selling author. Known for helping people to develop unwavering confidence, create satisfying relationships, and become truly happy from within, Dr Sophia shares practical tools for happiness through individual coaching, courses, and group coaching programs online and in person.
As a renowned coach, university professor, and head of learning at national and international wellness companies, Dr Sophia has been teaching people of all ages and backgrounds the principles and practices of happiness and emotional healing for many years. She is someone who often gets invited to give formal academic talks but who would rather be engaging in heartfelt conversations with people, sharing insights and wisdom that resonate on a deeper, more personal level. Whether it's through individual coaching, her writing, or group education, Dr Sophia is known for the depth, light-heartedness, and transformative potential of her work.
ABOUT ME (INFORMAL BIO)
- I grew up in Brooklyn, NY.
- I am an immigrant. My family and I lived in Eastern Europe until I was 6 years old.
MY DE-STRESS AND DE-COMPRESS ROUTINE
- After a demanding day, you'll find me unwinding with a cup of herbal tea, a lighthearted movie (aka a rom-com :)), and an early bedtime. The more full the day, the earlier I hit the pillow.
- I hold a special place in my heart for books like Belonging by Toko-Pa Turner and Everyday by David Levithan.
- I love to bring the feeling of nature indoors so I've got lots of plants. My favorite, if I had to choose, is the Elephant Ear.
WHAT I'M PROUD OF
- I take immense pride in charting my own path, living as authentically as I can, and becoming a kinder, more genuinely loving woman every single day of my life.
PASSIONS AND PASTIMES
- I love moving my body— hiking, yoga, paddle boarding, and Latin partner dancing (Salsa and Bachata) are some of the ways I do it. I also love nourishing my emotional and intellectual self through reading, music, reflective practices like journaling, and being in the company of the amazing people I call friends.
- My life is shaped by values like fostering love in myself and in the world, extending compassion to myself and others, being playful, nurturing emotional well-being, embracing growth, and motivating, inspiring, and encouraging others. I strive to love myself and others better, practice self-acceptance and self-compassion even in challenging times, and continually exercise courage in my life journey.